Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why does my LG washing Machine smell like mold?

I have a front loading washing machine. LG.It smells like mold so bad I can';t take it any more. Even after a wash the clothes smell like mold so bad I have to take them to a laundry mat to get the smell out. Any body know any solutions to this problem? Is there a place where water accumulates that I don't know of? The machine is 2 years old and I clean the front filter all the time but this does no good.I have well water, does this have any thing to do with it.? My water other wise does not smell.Why does my LG washing Machine smell like mold?
I don't have a front loader, but I just recently bought a new washer and it started to smell like mildew after I would wash a load of towels and my towels would also smell that way. So I sprayed clorox clean-up inside and put a cup of regular clorox bleach where you put the bleach when you do a load and just ran it like I was doing a regular load. I don't know if it will work for you but it worked for me.Why does my LG washing Machine smell like mold?
I sell appliances. We were told that once a month or so that you should wipe out the rubber part the seals the door with the washer. That will keep the smell from coming (or returning). Report Abuse

woeful response to government regulations for new water efficiency washing machines has everyones clothing smelling like a stinking, rancid, moldy basement! This is absolutely absurd! GE tech solutions but it is so ridiculous that it will take a few postings. I will try...please be patient.. Report Abuse

use the proper detergent, clean the hidden lint trap, clean the water hoses to and from the pump, clean the tub and gasket around the door with bleach water then; for real, via a fax from the manufacturer to appliance dealer; con't on next post... Report Abuse

con't;run a full complete empty wash cycle on hottest setting containing Bleach, then , run another full cycle on hottest setting using high efficiency laundry detergent, then , run another full wash cycle on hottest setting using...con't on next post... Report Abuse

con't..Cascade automatic dishwashing detergent. Next, wipe down entire inside of machine with bleach water. Dry using a clean white cloth...con't on next post... Report Abuse

con't....Leave door open at all times when not in use. Do not use fabric softener. New machines can't handle it. Use less detergent and finally, purchase mold cleaning product to use monthly. Whew! No wonder people are suing these manufacturers. Good luck everyone! Report Abuse

Ah Ha! I just wrote an answer for another question. So here it goes again...........new washers are having a time with mold growing on internal plastic parts. It's the fillers and emulsifiers in detergents causing the problem. BLEACH doesn't work. There is a solution......short of finding an old washer: http://www.smellywasher.com/








This guy has developed a special cleaner you put in your machine every so often, let it sit, it kills the mold.
I have a Maytag Neptune front loading machine and hi have the same trouble.My machine has this rubber seal between the door and tub. When the laundry is finished there is a little water left between the seal and if you don' dry it ever time it smells bad. I also have mold all over the seal. When i contacted Maytag the told me to use hot water and bleach also to leave door open when not in use %26amp; don't leave laundry in the machine.


I will never buy another washer like that again. If i had only know. Hope this helps you out,plese let me know.
try running a load of whites with hot water and chlorine bleach. if its safe to do so, leave the door open and let it air out between uses.
Have you tryed running a full cycle with bleach only in it? If not pour about 2 cups of only bleach in it. Let it run 1 full cycle see if that helps.
You should clean your washer at least once a year, or twice a year, Take a half gallon of white vinegar and put it in your washing machine, and run a wash with no clothing in it. The acid in the vinegar will clean your machine and pipes of all the residue that is left from the soap suds and softeners we use,. Vinegar is also an odor eater and will remove the moldy odor and you will have a super clean machine. If the clothes are starting to have an odor, just at 1 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. and it will remove the odor.
Chuck Chuck Watto
I have a new front loader washing machine too and to stop the smell of mould from forming you have to leave the door open after every wash to allow the inside to dry out. As for getting the smell out, bleach sounds liek the best solution.
I had the same problem with a front loading washer. The drain pipe probably has fibers stuck in it and yuckies accumulated. Just clean it or replace it and the smell should go away.





Worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment