Monday, December 21, 2009

I have removed mold around my tree, is it safe to wash the tree trunk with bleach water?

I don't think bleach is the best idea. If you must use something- dilute some lemon juice in water. It's acidic enough to kill the fungus maybe but not strong enough to harm the tree. Oh and by the way, mold itself won't harm the tree, it's just there because of the moisture- do you have mulch around the tree? if so, move it and the moisture won't stay trapped around the trunk. Mulch isn't very good for trees anyway.I have removed mold around my tree, is it safe to wash the tree trunk with bleach water?
It would be kinder to use warm water, but the tree is a living thing and living things and bleach don't really go well together do they ;) what you'll be doing is quenching it's thirst with bleach. I hope I don't come back as a tree! Lol!I have removed mold around my tree, is it safe to wash the tree trunk with bleach water?
i don't recommend it, since bleach is still chemical although it is not a strong posion.

No comments:

Post a Comment