Thursday, December 24, 2009

I live in an low level apt.My upr level nghbrs wash mac flooded my apt. Will mold frm in my ceiling and walls?

This put bubbles in my ceiling and had an inch of water in three rooms in the house. Water was also in all my duct work. I have a 10 month old I am very worried about mold and respritory problems with him. Is this something to worry about considering in between the two apartments is a void that can not be acessed and get the water cleaned up. This also got carpet wet in a couple of spots. Which possibly is being replaced. Water got into the Braker box and kicked my wahing machine outlet off. Should I consider asking to move or will it be ok?I live in an low level apt.My upr level nghbrs wash mac flooded my apt. Will mold frm in my ceiling and walls?
Sounds like mold could become a problem . the wet drywall must be removed. Good Luck!I live in an low level apt.My upr level nghbrs wash mac flooded my apt. Will mold frm in my ceiling and walls?
Mold will prob form it depends on how long everything was wet for. Behind the dry wall might have mold but you would need to look at it. Not all mold is harmful it mostly depends on the type and quanity of the mold. With having an infant I'm sure that is scary but if you notice more colds or ear infections that could be a sign there is a problem. Unless your landlord is willing to tear the drywall out I don't see how you would be able to break your lease. I had the same prob.
  • antibiotic cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment