Monday, December 21, 2009

If I wash shorts that got moldy cuz i didnt dry them properly will the mold ruin my machine?

would the mold spores stay in the machine and make all my other clothes that i was afterwards moldy?If I wash shorts that got moldy cuz i didnt dry them properly will the mold ruin my machine?
I have heard that before, but after you wash the shorts run a load with bleach and it should be okay. Bleach kills mold and mildew so I think it will work.If I wash shorts that got moldy cuz i didnt dry them properly will the mold ruin my machine?
you could presoak them. if white use a javex soak. For colours use javex2 which wont remove the colour. use the hottest water you have. lysol makes a spray that kills mold. after presoaking you can wash them in your washer.drying them outdoors is also good.
no
No, mold spores will be washed away in the rinse cycle.
no, not at all. in fact, i use baking soda in smelly wash loads to remove the smells. if the machine ever gets stinky or dirty, run is with a cup of bleach and nothing else in it and the bleach and water of the wash cycle will clean and disinfect the machine
If I leave my clothes in too long and they get mildew-y, I rewash them and then run a load of towels through with some bleach and the smell is gone from the washer. I heard that running the wash with just bleach and no clothes is the way to do it, but I don't like to waste water and I always wash my towels with bleach, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, and it always works for me. :)
no it won't. I would wash with as hot water as the fabric will allow and then afterwards run an empty load with 1-2 cups of bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment