Monday, December 21, 2009

If my dishes has mold in them, can I wash them or should I just throw them away?

You can sterilize them by bleaching them, or boiling them. The mold that is (in my guess in your plastics) will be dead and therefore not harmful, (need at least 30 seconds to kill the germs) However if the sight of it there bothers you, you can toss them. The mold will always look like it is in there, and can be exasperatingly difficult to remove. One thing you can do to help the situation is make sure your dishes dry completely (overnight if necessary) to ensure there is not going to be a rebuild-up of new mold. Also, storing your containers without the lids on will help.


Hope this helps


Good Luck!!!If my dishes has mold in them, can I wash them or should I just throw them away?
Toss them. You could clean them, but when you go to use them again, how could you not keep from thinking ';these once had mold on them';?


But, then again, I wouldn't have any glasses left if I had thrown away every ';science experiment'; my kids had going with glasses of milk that were left in their rooms during the summer.


If you want to keep them, I'd run them thru the dishwasher 3 or 4 times, and only after scraping them and letting them soak for a day in the sink in hot soapy water.If my dishes has mold in them, can I wash them or should I just throw them away?
You should throw them out as the mould has probably set in under the enamal and will cause you medical problems.
just throw a little bleach in the water like a cap full and wash the dishes like you normally do they will be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment