Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I get the mold smell out of my towels and wash clothes?

I left a clean load of toweles in the washer for three days.They now stink to high heaven. I have rewashed them 2 times and they still stink.What can I do to get the smell out. Please help !I hope I don't have to toss them out.How can I get the mold smell out of my towels and wash clothes?
throw in at least a full cup of white vinegar in both the wash and rinse cycleHow can I get the mold smell out of my towels and wash clothes?
ok I got this one use 1 cup of baking soda to 1/2 cup of laungry soap be sure to use downy fabric softener after and wha-la ..smell is gone.
Clorox - the answer to so many cleaning problems.


The new little All works excellently with Clorox.
Dump a cup of Ammonia with your soap. We use it all the time!
Re-wash them, let them soak in the wash with a product called mean green, its not a bleach so it would hurt clothing. I use it for cleaning everything, moping, laundry, car rims, shampooing carpets. Its great. You can get it at Wal-Mart.
wash them again with pine sol.that will do it just fine
have you tried soaking them in bleach and detergent for an hour?
put baking soda in the laundry, If they are stored somewhere that makes them smell, put baking soda there too.
Try fabreze on them after you tried washing them with non-cholrine bleach in the longest cycle you have then put them in the dryer with double the amount of dryer sheets. I suggest bounce.
I've had to deal with this problem before ...


What I always do is put BORAX powder in it.


Borax kills milldew %26amp; other fungus,


but does NOT damage any material.


Be sure to add it to moving water, as it can clump %26amp; bind together %26amp; clogg drains. ...


Back to the mildew ... Borax has always killed it for me, right along with its odor. I can't use chemicals (I have MCS), %26amp; wouldn't anyway ...


I hope you haven't. See the below link for reasons why:





http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1998/12/22/article_01.htm


Flood of Man-Made Chemicals - Jehovah's Witnesses OfficialWebSite





Borax is useful for many household chores: scouring pans/sinks (dump undiluted amounts in trash can so it can't clog the drain), even removing built up grease on a painted surface (it is non-abrasive), as well as killing germs %26amp; fungi.





Happy Laundering!


Sincerely, PJ
BAKING SODA!!! I've been using it for years and it's never failed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment