Monday, December 21, 2009

I have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. It builds up frequently with mold in the washing powder?

My Bosch Classix 1200 Express washing machine frequently has a large amount of mold build up on the washing powder compartment. I use tablets. I cannont get rid of the mold as the compartment wont come out. Unless someone knows different. How do I get rid of this mold. The clothes smell after one wash. Have taken the drawer out and scrubbed but can't get to the top of the compartment. Please can anybody help. Could it be the way the machine has been fitted.I have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. It builds up frequently with mold in the washing powder?
I have the same machine and the same problem. If you are using a concentrated Fabric Softener, this can encourage it, and so dilute this down in it's drawer with a little water. I find this helps.


But, when it all gets TOO bad, I use a mould cleaner spray (as recommended to me when I asked the same question about 6months ago!!). I've found that 'Dettoll Mould and Mildew cleaner', sprayed into the compartment, and all around the drawer (remove the drawer to completely cover the area) and leave for recommended time, works fine. Before I do a wash I just run a rinse cycle through it to remove all traces of product. You'll be amazed....


But I don't know Why it happens, just how to treat it.I have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. It builds up frequently with mold in the washing powder?
Most machines you pull fairly hard on the dispensing drawer and lift it up a little and it should come out.


Regarding detergent dispensing. I always put the detergent in with the washing as that's where it needs to be and you don't get grotty build up in the dispenser. I happen to use powder, I can't see why tablets wouldn't be ok this way.
once u have got it cleaned out,may i suggest you put powder into drum with your washing,this will help keep the drawer clean.i've put the powder in with the washing for along time now and had no problems.
I use a babys bottle brush its a ucky job i know u think they b able to invent sumert a bit easier to clean wouldnt u!!! :-)
I know this sounds silly but I use my sons water gun to remove it I find the power blasts it off then run the machine on a hot wash to flush it all through
call cust svc it does no good to wash clothes and still feel dirty
Hi,





I also have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. It is over three years old and happily my washing powder compartment is mould free. To avoid mould occurring, I take it out and wash it in hot water every few washes. I leave the detergent drawer open so that it can always dry out between washes. You can also wipe it dry every time. Damp conditions encourage mould growth.





It sounds like you have tried almost everything but I would try soaking the detergent dispenser in hot water and soda crystals in a bucket. If this doesn't work, I would also try washing it with a solution of bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar.





If this doesn't work, you could 'ring Bosch Customer Services on 08702 413381 to order a a new detergent dispenser (From Ireland, you need to call 018903 22222). These tel no's are in the Classixx instruction handbook. If the machine is still under warranty (ie less than 2 years old) you may get it free. I have had to get a new one myself as the last one cracked. These detergent dispensers are very fragile compared to previous washing machines I have owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment