Monday, December 21, 2009

How do i get rid of the nasty mold smell in my washing machine?

i have it for one year and inside of the machine it has a ruber ring which i wipe after every wash and i keep the door open so it can dry out even more but it still smells like moldHow do i get rid of the nasty mold smell in my washing machine?
Is it a Maytag Neptune?? They stink. (Literally)





Either way, run an empty load every so often with a good measure of bleach added.





The vinegar will work, too.How do i get rid of the nasty mold smell in my washing machine?
This is going to sound crazy, but I have done it to both my washing machine and my dishwasher and it is the only thing that worked for me on either one of them.





Do an empty load but put a cup of Kool Aid Lemonade Drink Mix inside before you start. I know it sounds ridiculous but my dishwasher was so bad and someone suggested it, not only did it work but it worked very good. So I tried it in the washing machine, at first I used a 1/2 cup, and there was still a little bit of a smell, but about a week after that I tired a full cup and it really worked. Only the Lemonade will work, it has something to do with citric acid.
Run two or three cycles with no clothes in it, but add excess bleach. Maybe five cap fulls. It should get rid of the sour smell. Your basically burning the molds that are causing the stanky smell.





Don't overdue the bleach. it can cause breathing problems and eye irritation if you put in to much.
I would try running some vinegar through the washing machine...let it set in there for a while.


Vinegar is an amazing thing....





http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandt鈥?/a>
Is this an HE washer? HE washers use less water and tends to accumulate odor causing residue. Either way I would recommend using affresh tablets.
First and for most do not leave wet clothes in your washer for long periods of time...try a little Clorox or fabreez and let it run with no clothes... one other thing that might help keep the lid open... Good luck
If theres a mold smell there might be mold....you might want to get a new one.
Wash your whites with bleach. That should get rid of the smell and you will have whiter whites too
if there is a way to get to it,try to spray bleach.
That is really weird.


However, I know that bleach kills mold.





Try running it once a week on hot with bleach (even with no clothes).
Do a empty load with





bleach


or


ammonia (but not bleach at the same time, lol.)


or


a cup of baking soda
do a load of NOTHING, but put about one cup bleach into the water..
spray it with lysol

No comments:

Post a Comment