Thursday, December 24, 2009

A cup had mold in it and I washed it out with just warm faucet water and handwashing dish detergent?

I dont know how long the mold had been in there. But anyways is that good enough? I washed it out twice actually. I am mostly cocnerned bc i'm 31 weeks pregnant.A cup had mold in it and I washed it out with just warm faucet water and handwashing dish detergent?
Simple solution that works and gives you peace of mind:





Boil water in tea kettle or pot





Add dish detergent to the cup





Add two to four tablespoons of bleach to the cup





Fill with the boiling hot water





Let it soak for 5 minutes





With rubber gloves on, wash the cup and rinse THOROUGHLY to remove detergent and bleach residue





Set cup in area to completely dry, preferably inverted position of dish rack





Cup should be completely sanitized and ready to use the next day.A cup had mold in it and I washed it out with just warm faucet water and handwashing dish detergent?
Even if you didn't wash it out, it would be ok. Mold is harmless!

No comments:

Post a Comment