Thursday, December 24, 2009

My new washing machine makes my clothes smell like mold?

I have a 4 month old Kenmore front-load washing machine. It makes my laundry, especially my towels smell moldy. I take them out right away and put them in the dryer (also new, bought with the washer) but they still smell. Anyone else have this problem, and/or suggestions to fix it?


Thanks!


My new washing machine makes my clothes smell like mold?
run an empty load with soap, baking soda and bleach on hot. Then when you are washing your laundry put a little bit of baking soda in with the soap and when you are done with your laundry open the soap area and the door and let them dry out. I noticed that when I lived where the humidity was low I didn't have this problem but when I moved somewhere where the humidity was very high I have this problem. I follow these steps and I don't have a problem.My new washing machine makes my clothes smell like mold?
~~This should not be happening. You still have a warranty, call them out! I put up with that on a Neptune and had to give it away. I have a Kenmore Elite now for about 4 years or more, and never has this happened. Make them fix it!!~~
Maybe your washing machine might be very old.



I found this as well but if you do a wash cycle with empty washer it may work
Run an empty load with a bit of vinegar or bleach.
try a water softener and baking soda.
I have had the same problem. I bought a set and my clothes came out covered in lint and smelled like mold. I bought mine at Lowes and before they were a year old I took a shirt that had been washed and hang dried and showed the guy that sold it to me. He told me to call for service ( he said there had to be a service call as a technicality) and then come in with paper work and they would come pick them up and give me my money back. That's what I did and I bought the largest top loader I could find that had an agitator. I have loved Lowes ever since I continually warn people not to buy these top loaders and HE machines like the Calypso because of this but they will just go do it anyway and then they see for themselves. It shocks me the people on here that say they have this problem but would still recommend them! They are supposed to save water etc. but you are constantly running a load with no clothes in them to try to get rid of the funky smell, or you need to wash in hot water they say, that's supposed to help with the funky smell. Not to mention having to use the pricy HE detergent. How efficient does this sound? Not very efficient if you ask me. I would say try to get Sears to take them back but at the time I returned mine, there were many lawsuits against Sears by people who were having this problem and Sears wouldn't take them back. Since yours is only 4 months old it is possible that you can return it. That's what I would do if at all possible. You have to live with these things for years to come. I'm so glad to be rid of mine I cannot tell you. Lowes made a loyal customer out of me for taking mine back.


http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8%26amp;鈥?/a>





http://dld123.com/q%26amp;a/index.php?cid=443
  • antibiotic cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment